Windows Server Standard Edition ist ein Server Betriebssystem, das einen Computer dazu befähigt, in einem Netzwerk Rollen zu verarbeiten, wie z.B. Drucker-Server, Domain Controller, Web Server oder File Server. Darüber hinaus dient er als Plattform für separate Serveranwendungen wie Exchange Server oder SQL Server.
Die aktuellen Versionen der Software Spenden, die über das Microsoft Donation Program bei Stifter-helfen erhältlich sind, sind hier aufgeführt.
Windows Server Standard is a server operating system that enables a computer to handle network roles such as print server, domain controller, web server, and file server. As a server operating system, it is also the platform for separately acquired server applications such as Exchange Server or SQL Server. The Standard edition is designed for small-to-medium-sized organizations with physical or lightly virtualized server environments.
This donation provides two core licenses for Windows Server Standard. Windows Server requires a minimum of 8 core licenses for each physical processor and a minimum of 16 core licenses for each server. The Standard edition allows up to two virtual instances of the server software when all cores on the server are licensed. For additional licensing information, see the Guide to Windows Server Editions and Licensing
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current or previous version of the software. You can find out which version of the software is the current one on the Current Versions of Microsoft Products page. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have system administration experience, you can use Windows Server to:
- Run multiple server roles and different operating systems on a single server
- Reduce the amount of hardware needed to run server workloads
- Minimize the time it takes to set up hardware and software and reproduce test environments
- Server virtualization: Hyper-V provides tools for creating and managing a virtualized server computing environment. Hyper-V Replica can replicate a virtual machine from one location to another, without shared storage, storage arrays, or other replication technologies.
- Server management: The Server Core provides a minimal environment for running specific server roles. Those roles are then easier to maintain and manage and less exposed to attack. Administrators can manage groups of servers collectively from within a single, integrated console.
- Integrated services: Windows Server 2019 delivers a unified platform for web publishing that integrates IIS, ASP.NET, and Windows Communication Foundation and also supports SharePoint Services.
- Failover clustering: Administrators can minimize disruptions of services and applications by creating a redundant server environment with dynamic hardware partitioning.
- DirectAccess: This secure tunneling feature allows access to the network from any computer or device. It is faster than typical VPN connections and provides off-site access to file shares, on-premises equipment, and other resources.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from Stifter-helfen.de after requesting this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, Stifter-helfen.de will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the email address in your organization details is up to date by visiting your account.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from Stifter-helfen.ch to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
- 1.4-GHz (or higher) x64 processor; eight processors maximum
- 512 MB or more RAM; 2 TB maximum
- 32 GB available hard-disk space (computers with more than 16 GB RAM require more disk space for paging, hibernation, and dump files)
- DVD drive if installing from disc
Actual requirements depend on system configuration and the applications and features that are installed. Additional hard-disk space might be required for installation over a network. For more information, see system requirements and resources for installing Windows Server.