Ein Exchange Server Enterprise device client access license (CAL) kann nur in Verbindung mit einem Exchange Server Standard device CAL eingesetzt werden. Der Exchange Server Enterprise device client access license (CAL) autorisiert einen Computer oder ein anderes Gerät auf zusätzliche Features des Exchange Servers (Standard oder Enterprise) zuzugreifen. Dies geschieht unabhängig von der Anzahl der Benutzer (beispielsweise auf einer gemeinsam genutzten Arbeitsstation).
An Exchange Server Enterprise device client access license (CAL) can be used only in conjunction with an Exchange Server Standard device CAL. It authorizes one computer or other device to access additional features in Exchange Server (Standard or Enterprise) regardless of the number of users (for example, on a shared workstation).
This donation provides one Enterprise device CAL. Enterprise user CALs —
for providing individuals with access to additional features — and
Standard CALs (user and device) are also available.
The Enterprise device CAL provides access to the following additional features in Exchange Server Standard or Enterprise edition:
- Journal decryption
- Unified messaging
- Custom retention policies
- Integrated archiving
- In-place hold
- Data loss prevention (DLP)
- Information protection and control (IPC)
This CAL does not provide access to Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange.
For additional information about Exchange Server and the server and client licensing requirements, see the Guide to Exchange Server Editions and Licensing.
This license does not require media, license keys, or setup codes.
CALs, ECLs, and management licenses (MLs) offered through Stifter-helfen are always for the currently offered version of the server software. However, these licenses can also be used with earlier versions of the server software.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Center and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from Stifter-helfen after requesting this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, Stifter-helfen will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with Stifter-helfen is up-to-date. Visit "Mein Konto" and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from Stifter-helfen to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.